Best Running Accessories is reader-supported. As an Amazon Associate we get commissions for qualifying purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
How Long Does It Take to Run 3 Miles: Your Running Guide
Last Updated: July 06, 2022
When most people think about running, the first thing that comes to mind is how long it will take them to cover a certain distance.
In this blog post, we will explore how long it takes the average person to run 3 miles. We will also provide some tips on how you can improve your running time.
So, whether you are just starting out or you are looking to break your personal record, read on for all the information you need!
How Long Does It Take to Run 1-Mile?
The average person can run a mile in about eight minutes. If you are looking to improve your running time, there are a few things you can do.
- First, make sure that you are wearing the proper shoes and clothing. If you are having flat feet problem, we recommend to go for Nike flat feet training shoes.
- You also want to make sure you are eating a healthy diet so your body has enough fuel for long distances.
- Finally, try running with friends in order to keep yourself motivated.
- If you are a beginner, start out by running for one minute and then walking for one minute. Gradually increase the amount of time you spend running and decrease the amount of time you spend walking.
- Eventually, you will be able to run three miles in under 30 minutes!
- If you are looking to improve your pace, try adding some hills into the mix. Running on an incline will help build up leg muscles and improve your cardiovascular endurance.
How to improve running Pace through diet/supplements
- Ensuring you have enough carbohydrates in your system before, during, and after a run will help improve performance for long runs (over an hour), it is recommended to have a carbohydrate-rich snack such as bananas or energy bars every 30 minutes.
- Drinking plenty of fluids before, during, and after running will help prevent dehydration which can lead to muscle cramps.
- It is also important to make sure you are taking in enough protein, especially if you are running frequently. Protein helps repair muscle damage that can occur during a run. Some good sources of protein include eggs, beans, and nuts.
- Taking supplements such as creatine monohydrate before workouts can help improve performance during high-intensity exercise like sprinting, running on an incline will help build up leg muscles and improve your cardiovascular endurance. One of the top nutrition for runners is Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Capsules which gives you five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving to help support muscle strength and power output so you can train harder while reducing recovery time between laps.
- Taking nitric oxide boosters such as arginine and citrulline malate can improve blood flow and help you maintain a higher running pace for a longer period of time.
- Taking caffeine before a run can help improve performance by up to five percent.
- Other supplements that have been shown to improve running performance include iron, magnesium, and beta-alanine.
How to Improve Running Pace through Exercises
- It is important to stretch before and after a run in order to prevent injury and improve performance.
- Stretching the hamstrings, quadriceps, and calf muscles can help improve running speed.
- Strength training not only helps improve running performance but can also help reduce the risk of injuries.
- Specific exercises that will help improve running speed include squats, lunges, and deadlifts.
- Plyometric exercises such as jump squats, box jumps, burpees with a jump, and tuck jumps involve explosive movements that help improve muscle power.
- These exercises can be added to your regular routine to help increase running speed.
- Running uphill is a great way to improve running speed and endurance.
- The incline forces your muscles to work harder, which in turn makes them stronger and better able to handle long distances
There are many ways to improve running speed and endurance. Whether you are looking to make small changes or big improvements, there is something for everyone. Hopefully, this article has given you some new ideas about how to get faster at running and how long does it take to run 3 miles.
Good luck and happy running!